Saturday, September 23, 2006

September 23, 2006

Daniel 11,12; Luke 6

"Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end..." Daniel 11:35

"Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12:3


It is so reassuring to know that even the "wise" will stumble. Although these prophetic words were written in regard to "End Times," I believe they have a timeless message: when believers stumble, God is always there to lead them toward restoration, purity and wholeness.

I pray that we would always shine with the authentic love of Jesus, even when we stumble in our walk with Him. May He always use us to draw people towards salvation, healing, restoration and freedom.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Give what you have to anyone who asks for it; and when things are taken away from you, don't try to get them back... Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don't be concerned that they might not repay. Then your reward in heaven will be very great." Luke 6:30, 35

Wow! I feel like Paul after he read, "Thou shall not covet"! Even if I think I'm just kinda doing well with my walk, after reading the above, I realize the standard is such that I can't see myself being anything but an unholy failure. Certainly undeserving of the title, "Child of God." But while the hurdle seems impossible, I can also read these verses and see a different picture. I can see God illustrating HIS attributes for mankind to see what a loving God he is. That he will ALWAYS love me - evil as I am. Thank you God for loving me and being my God. Thank you for adopting me, giving me your Holy Spirit and calling me your child.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home