Thursday, October 05, 2006

KINGDOM OF GOD

"The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the KINGDOM OF GOD IS WITHIN YOU." Luke 17:20

I am always on the lookout for God. I am drawn to people who are close to him and I purposefully go to places and events that I think his Holy Spirit will "show-up." Without realizing it, I have been on a constant hunt for the next "tent revival" experience. It was a PROFOUND moment when I read this verse and something seemed to sink in: The Kingdom of God is IN ME. I AM the dwelling place of GOD! Suddenly, verses that I've read a million times seem to come alive:

"I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who lives but Christ who lives within me and the life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

"For we are the temple of the living God." 2 Cor.6:16

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought with a price."
1 Cor.6:19

Lord, help me to truly soak in this mega-revelation!

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM , Blogger Neal Leazer said...

This is such an awesome thing to think about. Thanks for this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home