Tuesday, July 07, 2009

"Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you." Hosea 10:12

Today is my 45th birthday. I always reflect on my life whenever this day comes around; a benchmark of where I've been, what I've accomplished and where my life-path is headed. When I truly invite the Lord to show me my heart, I find that it is with gentleness and clarity that he will show me the wonderful good as well as those "hard" places in my heart that need to be cleaned out.

Dear Jesus, thank you for your incredible love and mercy. Thank you for your kindness and desire for me to be free of any hardness of heart so that you may shower righteousness upon me. Forgive me for my cynical heart. Today, I choose to seek you and to plant seeds of righteousness. Please teach me, guide me, cleanse me and use me to touch others with your love. In your name I pray, Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home