Monday, November 06, 2006

WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY LIFE?

"All who heard of me praised me. All who saw me spoke well of me. For I helped the poor in their need and the orphans who had no one to help them. I helped those who had lost hope, and they blessed me. And I caused the widows' hearts to sing for joy. All I did was just and honest. Righteousness covered me like a robe, and I wore justice like a turban." Job 29:11-14


I've always struggled with the story of Job. In these verses, he's summing up all the good things he has done. In the world's view, it's a pretty admirable list. He's measuring his worth by pretty good WORKS.

What is the measure of my worth? What is the value of my life?
Is it my possessions, wisdom or accomplishments? Is it in the admiration, respect or honor bestowed on me by others? Is it in the good I do or in my faith, passion, or knowledge of God? Is it through the success of my children or the amount of time I spend in prayer? Is it in spiritual gifts or my heart of compassion and love for the lost, hungry and disheartened? Is it in the beauty of my countenance or in my lack of jealousy of others'? Is it in humility or repentance?

WHAT IS THE MEASURE OF MY LIFE?

Is it in the tombstone that will read, "ALICE REMEDIOS , 1964-? Devoted wife, mother, daughter and friend?"

I KNOW THE VALUE OF MY LIFE and who I am.

ALICE REMEDIOS, she belongs to Jesus and He belongs to her. Her name is written on the palm of his hand and His name is written on her heart.

THIS IS WHO I AM.

My value is found in the one who owns my heart. My champion, my hero, my lover, my friend. Jesus, my peace, my comfort, the ONE who knows the deepest places of my heart, both good and bad. He is the One who protects me and walks with me through darkness and light. He awaits me at the end of this life with arms wide open and when that time comes, I will give to him all that is of value and worth. In my hands I will hold out to him what is already his....my very heart.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM , Blogger Neal Leazer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home