Thursday, July 09, 2009

THE ANCHOR FOR MY SOUL

"Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's inner sanctuary. Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizekek." Hebrews 6:18--20

I LOVE these verses. When I finished reading them, I closed my Bible and held it to my heart. I could feel the words soaking into my spirit, reinforcing what I already know to be true: Jesus is my greatest hope, the ANCHOR FOR MY SOUL. I know he has lead me into God's innermost sanctuary, and in that place, I have felt the embrace of the ONE who loves me. During this past year, I deeply mourned the passing of my Dad. In the midst of my sorrow, I know that there were times I was carried into that inner sanctuary of God. I had no words. I had no prayers. I just knew that I was in the presence of Jesus. In the storms of life, I know what it feels like to be in the dark, thrashing to find a way out. I also know what it feels like to be anchored by a love that is immovable, immeasurable and everlasting.

"Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:25-26

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home