Wednesday, July 08, 2009

"I am the one who answers your prayers and cares for you. I am like a tree that is always green, all your fruit comes from me." Hosea 14:8

"For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to EACH GENERATION." Psalm 100:5

"The children of your people will live in security. Their children's children will thrive in your presence." Psalm 102:28

On my birthday, one of my best friends asked me, "What do you want from God this year?" My first thought was: For God to bless my sons. My oldest son responded, "But what do you want for YOU?" As I've pondered and prayed, I changed the question to, "Lord, what do YOU want to give me this year?" He answered me today: "I want you to be free from what the world thinks of you so you can walk in the fullness of my love." My response was, "Yes! I would love that. Thank you, God!" Yet, inside, I could feel the murmuring of my heart: but what I REALLY would like is for you to bless my sons. When I opened up my Bible this morning to do my devotional reading, these verses pierced my heart. I knew without a doubt that along with the gifts he gives us, he also answers our deepest prayers, even when it's murmured.

Father God, I am so thankful for your Word, for your promises and blessings that pass from generation to generation. In a time of worldwide financial and governmental unrest, I trust that you will not only protect our children, but that you would richly bless them and strengthen them for the days ahead. I trust in you. Thank you. Thank you. You are an AMAZING GOD! I love you back. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home