Saturday, July 11, 2009

THINK DIFFERENTLY

"The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, 'Don't call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don't live in dread of what frightens them. Make the Lord of Heaven's Armies holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one who should make you tremble. He will keep you safe.'" Isaiah 8:11-13

I've spent all afternoon thinking about this verse. I prayed and asked God to show me the areas that he wants me to "think differently." As I reread the verses, I think that the key to thinking differently than the rest of the world is in the following verse, "Make the Lord...holy in your life." It takes discipline for me to keep him in a holy, sacred place in my life. When HE IS THE CENTER of my life, I feel the balance, the peace and the strength that enables me to respond differently than I normally would. I take it to heart when any part of the Bible contain the words, "The Lord has given me a strong warning." I loved it when I continued to the New Testament reading for the day: Hebrews 8. I wanted to cheer when I read what God promises:

"I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people." Hebrews 8:10

To the Lord of Heaven's Armies, I acknowledge you as the Holiest part of my life. I ask that you would teach me to think, respond and live the way YOU want me to and not as the rest of the world does. In every part of my life, I ask for a readjusting of beliefs so that I would be aligned with what is holy and true. Help me to always take your warnings to heart. In Jesus' name, Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home