Friday, July 17, 2009

PERSEVERANCE

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:4-5

When "life" gets hard, my first reaction is always the same: RUN! Relationships, jobs, goals and dreams that lose their excitement and fun factor are easily eliminated from my life when the newness wears off, but when the Lord has called me to stand firm, to fight through it, the rewards have been immeasurable. I love my husband, my sons, my friends and family. I love God. The richness and depth of each one of those relationships can probably be measured by a level of perseverance. I still struggle in knowing when to persevere and when to let go. I hope to always be lead by God's holy wisdom.

Dear Lord, I ask for your wisdom and strength so that I would always be able to persevere. I want to stand before you and say, "I am mature, complete, lacking in nothing." Forgive me for my weakness of heart. Help me to see beyond the moment so that I may live my life with the fullness that only comes through perseverance. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home